Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Baby Boomer Rhythms


Baby Boomer Women and Young Women friends,

Are you having a 'jam boogie' Summer? Meaning, are you having a little music, wine, dance, and good times?

If not, try to get with it a little! Some of my girlfriends are 'flashin' (talking about "hot flashes") and sit around fanning like the grand ladies of the South who say they've got the "vapers" (chuckle) I say, flash on! Then cool it down with your man or partner by getting a dance or two going.

LIFE is a struggle some time, for sure. And for some it's a major uphill battle. Yet, for many of us life holds routines, responsibilities, and rituals.

Break free, old girl! Don't let life slow you down or weigh on you.

Turn up your radio, CD, or mp3 and boogie a little! Find a favorite song and dance, I say! Let that music and dance put a smile on your face.

You're worth being happy. For example, I was supposed to be in Las Vegas next week. I was so happy and excited because I haven't been there since the 1990s. However, my friend's mom passed away a few days ago. Her grief is immense and she's surrounded by family. My visit is postponed. But I will visit her soon. She'll want and need her friends. She's worth getting to 'happy' again.

So I say 'live a little'. We've got all kinds of sadness and problems. Yet, when life is okay (just a little boring and humdrum), do your dance! Make merry, for times do change. And you'll want to remember all the little things that made for happy moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment