Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Clothes That Say "YOU"!

Wonderful women,

We all know that several factors change the type of clothing we wear. From aging to gaining weight (or weight-shifting) to the events we participate in and more - we've GOT to find the clothing that makes the BEST statement for us Baby boomers. Heck, even our young women stress over the type of clothes to wear, didn't you when you were young? How many times have you looked in your closet full of clothes and said, "I don't have a THING to wear!" Usually what we were really saying was, "I don't have something special for this particular event", or "everybody has seen me in this outfit several times already", or "doggonit, I can't FIT into anything I've got!"

Let's talk about "age-appropriate clothing". I've got some "Before" and "After" pics that I want to evaluate. You may have seen these on the link of one of my earlier postings.

Now, Linda here (at right) got some jazz going on when she got her makeover! Woo wee! From dowdy to hot! She's my age and I can tell you I NEVER would have walked out the door looking like her "Before" pic! Can you rock her "After" style? Even if you couldn't wear the highest heels like Linda has on, you can still make something similar work for you.

For one, she got a new power hairstyle that's fresh and uplifting. Two, the colorful top she's wearing commands positive attention. And it shows a little skin which says, "I'm not afraid to reveal a bit of myself to you!" From the slim skirt down applying black to the toe WORKS! Think about stylin' for you like that.

Now, my girl Lynda (left) here has probably been a wife and mom who was used to taking care of family, work, and home. She was just trying to make it through the days, so a pair of jeans with casual sweater became her "mantra".

However, Lynda got her makeover - look at her NOW! Right on!

She learned she could still do casual, but when you & your hubby go to the movies with friends, or go visit them you need to get OUT of those jeans and into something definitely with more style. The natural fibers of linen and cotton are breathable, so very comfortable. Add some color to the neutrals with a toned-down red necklace - and all is right with the world!

Lynda got a new "Do" too; a few inches cut with a fuller style brings more visibility to her face. I like her new look, don't you?

Ha! Cheryl (below right) didn't get the "age-appropriate" dress memo! Cheryl is 61 years old. Her "Before" style looks like something she would have worn 40 years earlier! I don't know if she was planning to go anywhere in that outfit, but I assure you she would have gotten some snickers under the breath from her friends. And I'd bet her family was privately ashamed.

Ladies, no matter how "cute" you think you are, you are doing yourself an injustice to try to hang with your daughter or granddaughter wearing similar clothing as they do!

What a dramatic difference the "After" photo makes! While color brings you forward to allow you to be more noticeable, softness offers power too. These soft shades of green, slimming styling, and doable height of heels lets Cheryl look quite vibrant!

And, let's go back to the "Before" pic; a lot going on wrong here. Cheryl overdid the makeup with heavy black liner and mascara. The pink top is too revealing plus shows her bulges. The skirt is too short; older legs don't always look cute like years ago. Plus, she must have pulled the "go-go" boots out of the back of the closet where they've been since the 1960s! Lol!

Finally, please don't hold onto old hairstyles just because you got compliments on it years ago. Update! Refresh! And I GUARANTEE you'll feel better with more confidence knowing that you LOOK your best.

I'm glad Cheryl finally got the message. You can STILL have STYLE at ANY AGE!

Okay, I've got more before and afters to give - so I'll be back!

Tell me, what's your view on these looks? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment