Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Relaxation..Aaaaaah...Health & Stay Spa Retreat


Hi Ladies,

You know, you just go, go, go --- week after week. Us Boomer women have sooo much to do!! I've got my nonprofit to run and a job to go to (that's paying the bills). Plus, I'm involved in civic, religious, and social activities.

My cousin Marcie and I were saying that we were just stretched to the limit! Marcie is the director of a group home for mentally-challenged men. She has meetings to go to, paperwork that's continuous, staff to manage, and ensuring the men have everything they need. And getting enough sleep wasn't enough.

So on March 13th, we had a reservation to go to the Inn & Spa of Cedar Falls for a couple of days. WOW! What a DIFFERENCE getting away makes! The place is located in Hocking Hills State Park in Ohio, but it's privately owned. The Inn is 2 1/2 hours away from Cincinnati; southeast of Columbus.


Such a beautiful place! After we got off I-71 North we took the state routes and back roads to get there. We drove in the rain through rural areas to find ourselves surrounding by amazing forests with caves, cabins, and incredible wild life (eg, wild turkeys, hawks, speckled deer).

However, the REAL REASON we went was for the Spa Services! Girrrl, after we registered and got in our cabin, we had the Signature Spa services done. This included body scrubbing, a body wrap, shower, and relaxation massage. Aromatherapy scents and gentle new age music filled the air. A small water feature brought the soft sound of water ripples. And a light tinkling sound came from a tiny windchime in one corner of the room. Heavenly.....

Marcie and I were in the same room with our spa therapists, so we could talk to each other or lay quiet as we wanted to. I lay on a heated bed to counteract the cold day. Windows wrapped around three quarters of the room so we could see the animals and the forest. My spa therapist, Ellie, is fantastic! She paid attention to me when I informed her of arthritis in my right knee. During massage time Ellie put an icy hot preparation on my knee plus massaged it with a wonderful technique. My muscles felt better than they had in a long time!

Plus Ellie used the Reflexology techniques on my feet which stimulated movement in my stomach. Can I tell you I had the best bowel movement after this experience?

Marcie and I were very pleased with the services we received. My skin glowed; it looked and smelled sooo good. Afterwards we were limp like jelly upon leaving the spa. Aaahhh....

Hey, we stayed in the coolest cabin called Red Bud, just the two of us! It's built on a hill with huge windows that look down into the park's valley and a fast moving stream. We had our own bedroom with king-sized beds and our own bathroom too. There was a comforting gas-log stove that heated the place, plus a sun room to sip your morning tea in quiet privacy.

You should go! The Inn has great gourmet food with a free full breakfast included in your reservation.

However, it's not cheap. But it's worth every penny for the peace of mind to get away. I found the location online at: http://www.innatcedarfalls.com/. They respect you and treat you right!

Last thing, we ended our visit by going to Ash Cave in the Hocking Hills park (they have SEVERAL caves there). The air was the freshest I've experienced ever. The cave was huge with a 100 ft. waterfall coming down in it.

All in all, this was a SUPERB experience. Ladybug, if you need a getaway I truly recommend coming here!

3 comments:

  1. Am I the ladybug you speak of? If so, thanks for the tip! I will def keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (chuckle) Yes, Misty - you should go! Additionally, since therapeutic massage is a career you're training for, it's a good idea to check out places like this to compare where you want to provide your services.

    Cooool place!

    ReplyDelete